All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turns out the person i brought the car off never sent of the changeover document thing so i cant tax my car (it's run out) so i cant drive for 4-6 weeks while i apply for a new registration... :( got my test in july so i cant practive for that either... :mad:

·
Registered
390 Posts
thats rubbish mate, hopefully you have the new keeper supplement which means you wont have to pay for a new V5C document. when you send away for it put a little cover note in explainin your circumstances in the off chance it will encourage the DVLA to get their finger out

Mark

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats rubbish mate, hopefully you have the new keeper supplement which means you wont have to pay for a new V5C document. when you send away for it put a little cover note in explainin your circumstances in the off chance it will encourage the DVLA to get their finger out

Mark
yer thats what the person on the phone said. thanks :)

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've just had an idea, wonder if this will work. If i contact the person who sold the car to me and explain the situation (this relies on them agreeing) could i buy a taxdisc online and it would be sent to them, and they could pass it on to me? would this work/be legal?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Even better - get them to buy the tax disk and send it to you - :cool:

Seriously though, legally they still own the car and unless it's registered as "off-road" it is they who will be fined by the DVLC...point this out to them, they will probably post their part of the reg document asap.

J.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Even better - get them to buy the tax disk and send it to you - :cool:

Seriously though, legally they still own the car and unless it's registered as "off-road" it is they who will be fined by the DVLC...point this out to them, they will probably post their part of the reg document asap.

J.
Good thinking batman - it throws the onus back to them to get it sorted.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its too late for that, the new keeper bit is out of date, so i have to apply for the new one.. good news is that i've ordered one online and he's gonna ring me when it arrives :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hope it works out for you and that he is not as remiss in posting your tax disc as he was with the reg doc! :eek:

J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts