All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... I've been reading through people's projects for too long and think its about time I started my own project. Bought my first car about a month ago its a B 1.0 gls. Surprisingly fast!!! beat a 2.0 qashqai (hardly the fastest car but hey) on the way to my gf house lol funny as fook!!! mum had the same one in atlantis blue but hers just seemed sluggish :palm:. Heres the car when it first arrived...

Car sat on 14" corsa sport alloys and had already had the back 3 windows tinted so was alll gooood!! :p
Car came with a s*** after market headunit and soundy tinny and cheap. Was considering changing the speakers and headunit. My gf decided to treat me to some new ICE and bought me a new alpine headunit and tom tom start :D. Alpine came with the ipod connection ready to go and we fitted it outside my house (well she did lol i was just the muscle making room for it to fit in the dash):palm:. Took about 30 mins in all and sounds a hell of alot better. Much more bass and with over 20000 songs on my ipod not a cd in sight :rolleyes:

Heres the ipod wired through to the glovebox.

Didn't have much money for any mods but finally got paid a week ago :thumbs_up: so jumped on fleabay for a lil shopping spree lol.
Going for a low and clean look can't be bothered with all that jap body kit crap (appreciate the work that goes into those cars but just doesn't do it for me lol)
Got my slated grill and irmscher silhouette badge through the post so got that fitted along with my flat aero wipers :). The grill finally made the front end look abit more purposeful but my mum says my car has lost its identity because the vaux badge is gone lol but what does she know!!!
Heres how the car looked with the new grill...

Ordered an alarm and remote central locking which came through the post along with some smoked side repeaters. Got the key sorted out with a lil help and encouragement from dragon lol.

Been busy today as my exhaust was knocking... turned out one of the rubber hangers had split so got a new one from kwik fit for free :p and got the car jacked up and fitted.
Decided to give the car a good clean (under the bonnet aswel) since i was under there decided to de-restrict my airbox and take some pics of the car as it stands now. Have a look and any feedback would be nice!!!

Car now revs alot more freely and my bro says feel alot quicker and runs smoother :thumbs_up:

Mods for the near future:
Flat bed K&N air filter
Short shifter
15" white vectra SRi's
Paint calipers red and drums black
Got my blue led interior dash lights just need to get them fitted...
Lowered 60 front 40 rear
and either depos or angel eyes still undecided...
And finally fully CC'd

Further ideas will be appreciated... :)

Cheers, Tubz

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
looks good, very tidy, not a spot of rust on the bonnet, not that i can tell anyway, i think colour code is the way forward on black, looks so much better

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks mate... yea lucky enough its rust free and definitely going to be cc'd just waiting on the next pay cheque :D

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Looking good. Are those after market electric windows? if they are, some Sport door cards would look better without the window winder

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm... good point fella... but had to removed and clean the egr couple weeks back and it had a temp sensor attached... thought only 3 potters had that :confused:. and it came back when i ensured it as a 3 potter lol but will have a gander tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
can i just point out that its a 1.2 lol doesnt look like a 1 liter to me lol
I know I'm most likely wrong, but it looks like an SXI as well, I have a GLS and it has a grey interior, and I thought all GLS's had electric windows as standard?

Edit
Just put the reg into we buy any car to see what came back, it's a 1.0 GLS like he said

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And the previous owner started the leccy windows but gave up halfway so they ain't wired up :palm: so when funds allow gonna get that sorted with new door cards :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I know I'm most likely wrong, but it looks like an SXI as well, I have a GLS and it has a grey interior, and I thought all GLS's had electric windows as standard?

Edit
Just put the reg into we buy any car to see what came back, it's a 1.0 GLS like he said
yeah i did the same but it is a 1.2 ^^ look at the pics lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol o s***... what would i do with you AC lot!!! cheers lads and that would explain why its so quick :D.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
guess so... lucky enough the engine is in good nick...it runs fine with no faults or rattles but definitely serves as a lesson for any one buying a car!

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
i think you should look more into the car just that it looks like a SXI not a GLS if you want pm me your chaise number and i will be able to check tomorrow at work if it is what it says it is lol

1 - 20 of 52 Posts