All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have for sale a full set of braided brake hoses to suit the Vauxhall Nova. These retail at around £40 and have never been fitted.

£30 posted.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i've had these same ones fitted on mine for over a year now, they make a very good difference to the standard brakes. definitely recommended.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a Nova?? Nice mate, sometimes wish I'd got one myself...love them :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
i've had these same ones fitted on mine for over a year now, they make a very good difference to the standard brakes. definitely recommended.
Do they really make that much of a difference? i thought nothing of brake lines as improving brakes

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no mate, luckily they fit my corsa because the earlier corsa's have the same standard brakes as the later nova's.
So these might fit my standard SRi ('93) brakes?? Hmmm....

If so, would they fit a set of Astra GTE calipers too? Any idea?

·
Registered
393 Posts
should do sky, mines a '94 and they fitted straight on. as for the astra, not too sure on the gte version calipers, you might have to try and see on that one.
they really do make a difference clutch, seeing as the standard-fit ones are made from reinforced rubber and do expand slightly, stainless-braided hoses can't expand so you get much better feel at the pedal and piece of mind that they can't pop or split when you do an emergency stop :)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was intending to use them on my SRi in the first place..my brother suspected they may fit the standards :laugh:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay so now it's been confirmed that they fit a Corsa also, anyone interested in vamping up their standard brakes? :D

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just found out that if the hoses will fit the brake lines, then they will definitely fit the GTE calipers as well! :D

Apparently, the hoses are compatible with all Vauxhall calipers..it's just where they connect to the car itself that makes the difference.

So, might well be holding on to these hoses.....not bad for free! Astra GTE calipers (ATE type), grooved/vented discs and braided hoses for a princely sum of £56. Just the fitting now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts