All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

Got a blow from where the front pipe meets the cat.

No big deal, but its the 2nd time I've had it sealed in 3 months....

Got the car in Jan, blow started about 2 weeks later - took to exhaust place who said pipe was brand new but had been fitted without any exhaust paste, result, all sorted.

Month later MOT, blow from same place, resealed - hmmm strange.

Month later its back - Is this a known issue or am I just dealing with muppets who cant seal an exhaust ?

Ta

Al

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Photos would help. If the two pipes are different diameters - and tolerances can vary - then the putty is trying to fill too big a gap and it can fail more easily. Plus the 3 pot engine does rock more so the exhaust takes a hammering, hence the failure of the exhaust manifold on them.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Well it's impossible for us to help then without pics

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Moan moan moan moan moan, r u 300 cause you moan like an old man :laugh:

take a chill pill

xx
Yawn.

You're asking why a joint keeps failing, it's very hard to say why without pictures.

Reactions: Alanco

·
Registered
193 Posts
Not sure about the 1.0, but the 1.2 has a close coupled cat on the manifold and the front exh pipe has a flange fixing to the bottom of the cat. Three bolts and a gasket - no sealant necessary. Is the 1.0 not similar and in need of a proper gasket?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Not sure about the 1.0, but the 1.2 has a close coupled cat on the manifold and the front exh pipe has a flange fixing to the bottom of the cat. Three bolts and a gasket - no sealant necessary. Is the 1.0 not similar and in need of a proper gasket?
Exhaust places often cut the pipe after the cat to fit an aftermarket replacement exhaust system. So the suspect joint could be after the cat - at least that's what I was figuring.

Hence the request for a photo - to see what exactly is going on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.