All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my car and it was colour coded by rattle can and the body protectors are now hideous due to chips!!

is there a cheap solution without scraping or peeling of (maybe) the shells body work?

ive been looking at heat guns on ebay but there all for paint whether i say its for a car or not.

ive heard of people using hair dryers then a wired object to peel it off while the glue that sticks it to the car is still hot, but that's rather risky.....

ive also got a dent in my car as i work in a supermarket and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on fillers? + has anyone done any decent tutorials on filling?

much appreciated

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah which are also called body protectors

·
Registered
180 Posts
i heated mine up then got some fishing wire behind and just slowley pulled that behind then lots of elbow grease to romove the glue, but my paint had faded so stuck mine back on.
have your arches been colour coded to.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yh, doesnt look bad from far distance but he didnt put time into it which with other attributes has made it peel :(

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
The general prep work I did for filling the dent in on the side of mine was:
Coarse sandpaper to bare metal -> ispon -> rub down -> primer -> ispon -> 1200 grit rub down -> primer -> GO TO A BODY SHOP.

I regret wasting my time trying to get a colour match with rattle cans. You will definately save money by doing the prep work yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts