All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really worried. I've had problems with opening my bonnet for some time. But now it just won't open. The lever inside the car won't pop it open. So now I'm worried, I don't know what to do.
It's like the cable is stretched or something & it's not being pulled enough to pop the bonnet open. I was thinking about pulling the cable a bit more with a pair of pliers. Any ideas on what I could do? Should I take it to a garage to see if it can be sorted?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I would suggest it's something you can do yourself rather than a garage possibly charging for it. Pulling the cable with pliars would be the first idea, get someone to push down on the bonnet at the same time.

Then if it opens you will have to get it tightened.
But yeah get someone to either apply pressure downwards or pull up very hard while pulling release lol

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had this problem on my old car, the bonnet has apparently slipped..
it needs to be re adjusted, which i believe you can do yourself, to get it open, get someone to push down on it whilst you pop it open.
Tried that, it's not working.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've asked my dad & he said i need to force the catch with a screwdriver. I'm asking my sister to help & she can't be arsed, so she's no help at all. Very pissed off.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Don't get too pissed and force it and break it :laugh:

You will get it sorted, but you do need someone to help, common problem, chill

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
give the bonnet a nice whack down without denting it to try and free it up slightly, then tug the lever twice hard. dunno why that works but when my bonnet got stuck it worked both times

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I feel like such a twat now. My dad had a go & released it instantly. Thanks for all your help guys :thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts