All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i want a badboy bonnet on my corsa b. the pic below is how i want it. where it slopes further down over the grill slightly aswell as over the lights. Firstly which wud b cheapest?

1. Buy a bonnet ready made (with P&P) - How much wud one cost and where from. Then getting my body garage to fit and spray it.

2. Get my body garage to weld my current bonnet like that and spray it? How much wud a garage do that for u rekon?

Heres my car at the mo but if u look at my grill it for some reason sticks out quite a bit and it wont go further back. does that mean i wont b able to get the front of the bonnet to extend over it or can a body garage modify it for me? cheers

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
With regards to your grill I reckon a good bodyshop would be able to think of a way around it.
Bonnet wise it's best to have a good search on ebay, and also get a quote at a local bodyshop and compare the two.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do the body garage weld it so its even both sides. do they cut the metal and bond it on??

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
They will cut the required pieces, tack them on with weld, then weld all along, then grind down smooth, then fill any imperfections, then prime, then spray.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. i think i mite have to get them to weld it as finding a bonnet like that doesnt seem to exist lol. ebay dont have any. u know places that mite?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Nope if ebay doesn't then like you say it's probably best getting it done by a bodyshop.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i got a quote here in glasgow to give them a standard bonnet and have it returned in primer ready to paint for £150 but id rather do it myself

d

1 - 9 of 9 Posts