All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, iv got a 98 corsa breeze. Tried to pop the bonnet the other day and the lever has no tension. Iv read some threads on here but none of them seem to be the same as my problem.
If i pull on the cable thats visible, its slack, i can pull some through but it does get tight, i disconnected the lever and tried pulling the just the inner cable, but this has no slack on it at all... pulled it as hard as i could but still nothing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Try getting someone to press the front of the bonnet down whilst you pull on the inner cable. If that doesn't work then in the past I've managed to release the catch from underneath. It's fiddly but possible.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i used to have some problems, what grill have you got?

if you got a badgeless one you can just push that out the way and get to the cable to pull it. or get a screwdriver and push the catch out the way

if you have a proper standard grill then im not sure..

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
hmm thats a bit more tricky, if you really cant get it open and you do need it open then get a Stanley and chop off the grill

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Success! With the help of a mate, i got the bonnet open by him pushing down on it. What can i do fix it? Anyone know what is it thats actually broken?

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
when mine did open before it was because the bonnet stand was in the way and it was holding the bonnet it up to much so the catch couldnt release. with somebody sitting on it, it weight it down and the catch could release.. but that was for that time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nah i dont think its that, because i used the stand after i opened it, but when i closed it again and went to open it, it the same as before

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
There is a pece of cable running along the crossmember,it controls the tighness of the bonnet opening handle, undo the screw holding this cable down,feed some cable through, and screw cable back down

1 - 9 of 9 Posts