All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bonnet wont open on my nans 2001 corsa c, a few weeks ago i went to fill the washer bottle, pulled the lever and got the usual solid clunk, but the bonnet did not pop up. So i pushed down on the bonnet and pulled it up, but nothing. I went back to try and pull the lever, it was limp and did not retract. I put it down to the hot weather.

But 3 weeks later it still wont open, ive tried pushing on it, pulling it, and even sitting on it, whilst someone pulls the lever and nothing happens.

Ive tried sticking a screwdriver under there, and even jacked the car up to try and get to it, but the radiator was in the way.

The cable has not snapped and i can here the lock clicking at the front of the car.

I have also prised the wire of the lever with a screwdriver to try and pull it more, but still nothing.

Has anyone have any tips? or can tell me how to remove the lever, as ive seen on another topic this can help.

Thank You

Luke

·
Registered
223 Posts
are you sure the cable isnt snapped? have you tried taking the inner cable nipple out of the lever to see if it will come out?

maybe the outer cable has come lose from its fittings and therefore not holding the tension?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its still pulling at something under the bonnet, and is still tightly wrapped around the lever. Where is the nipple located around the lever?
Do you mean that circular metal disc to on the side of the lever?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is the tension from the lever the same as it usually is? For example does it let you pull the lever the whole way? If so it's too much slack in the cable. Like you said you've tried using 2 people while one pulls the lever the other person pusher down but sometimes this is harder to do due to rusted fixings and you may need to try different pressure points on the bonnet while the other person pulls the lever at the correct time. Trial and error.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
If cable is slack, pull the cable instead of the handle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.