All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey basically for a while ive noticed that my bonnet doesnt seem to close properly its just a bit higher than the joins as the side, ive tried adjusting the rubbers under the bonnet.. with no such luck.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Dont think there is much you can do, has the car had a front whack at one point? check the bonnet screws and mounts are bender or knackered, also the front cross member.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well when we bought it the last guy was honest enough to say that it had been in a accident on the front drivers side wing, but he replaced all the panels suspension, etc etc.. im not majorly majorly fussed.. it just looks "not quite right" i'll take a pic when im back at home,

·
Registered
708 Posts
Maybe something is clogging one of the holes stopping it from dropping home properly.

It might have been bent slightly, are both sides up or is it twisted? (one side up, not the other)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No both sides are up... it shuts but u can push it down a little bit, and while you hold it it looks like it fits.. but then it springs up about 1cm and sits like that,

·
Registered
611 Posts
sound like the main catch isnt holding (the one that is controlled from inside the car) with the bonnet open, have a friend pull the bonnet release under the dash, while you look at the 1inch (roughly) circular "hole" above the radiator. as your friend pulls and lets go of the bonnet release, you should see a little bar inside the hole move in and out smoothly. if it jumps rather than glides, get some copper grease onto it. :) also on the bonnet itself, you'll see a circular thing with spring attached (there is a name for it, i just cant remember) check that the spring still has pressure on it and make sure there is plenty oil/grease on that too.

hope that helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts