All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I can't lock or unlock my boot using the boot lock, the key just goes round and round in the lock and doesn't do anything. Is it just a case that I have a goosed boot lock and will need a new one or is it something simple to fix? It doesn't bother me really as the car is normally always open when I need to get to the boot but if its easy to do I might as well :)

Regards, Dan :)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Remove the trim on the inside of the boot lid and turn the key. Look to see if the metal disc turns with it

Reactions: Daniel119

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the trim on the inside of the boot lid and turn the key. Look to see if the metal disc turns with it
If it does/doesn't what do I do and what is wrong?

Dan :)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
If it does turn, then the lock should be working, if it dont, you just need to look to try and find out why.

What happens is, when the lock is in the (-) horizontal position it moves the disc so that when the button is pushed, it pushes a plastic lever which pushes a metal bar which in turn releases the lock. It's posible that the plastic arm has snapped which is why it dont unlock. In which case, you can get a replacement and and keep the same barrel ;)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it does turn, then the lock should be working, if it dont, you just need to look to try and find out why.

What happens is, when the lock is in the (-) horizontal position it moves the disc so that when the button is pushed, it pushes a plastic lever which pushes a metal bar which in turn releases the lock. It's posible that the plastic arm has snapped which is why it dont unlock. In which case, you can get a replacement and and keep the same barrel ;)
Cheers for you help, will look into it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts