All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.2 05 plate corsa brake shudder is slowly getting worse that i feel it pumping up through the brake pedal. at first i thot it was the rear as i couldnt feel it through the steering wheel only the car vibrating under braking so now am thinking will change discs and pads to see how that goes. Is this straight forward job or is ther anything i need to know ??? hoping this will sort the brake shudder cheers

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Just follow the Haynes - if the discs are stuck on the hubs give them a tap ONTO the hub rather than just off it. That usually breaks any corrosion bond quick enough.

Don't forget that drums can also go out of true which can cause judder and pedal pulsing.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Change the axle? Wtf?

·
Registered
588 Posts
I expect you would know,but it is always good practice when changing brake pads,disks,pads,drums,or shoes,to change the complete axle at the same time.
how do you work that 1 out.. are you mad. disks, pads and shoes can be changed easy and it is obviously best to do both sides but changing a whole axle for the sake of shoes , pads or disks is madness talk about un-needed work and being mis-informed

have you ever seen a corsa ?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Blue writing is very annoying to read, you're the only person on here that does it

·
Registered
131 Posts
how do you work that 1 out.. are you mad. disks, pads and shoes can be changed easy and it is obviously best to do both sides but changing a whole axle for the sake of shoes , pads or disks is madness talk about un-needed work and being mis-informed

have you ever seen a corsa ?
Yes Harry,I know what a Corsa is as I spent 45 years working as a skilled fitter.I have done high tech work on most makes of auto's on the road today,plus many years working on road heavy transport,so I am not quite the novice that you may think.Sorry that I didn't make my post clear to you but most people with a little experience in motor repairs would know exactly what I meant.Danny knew exactly what I meant (thank you ).In the trade when you say reline an axle it means you reline both sides.
I only mentioned this as the poster implied that he had already relined one side of his brakes which is very bad practice.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I was making an observation. No need to be an arse. Good luck getting help, with that attitude

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is this straight forward job or is ther anything i need to know ??? hoping this will sort the brake shudder cheers
45 years as a skilled fitter haha ok

·
Registered
588 Posts
yes but my haha ment ,,,,haha yeah 45 years not much i can argue with there so may as well shut up sorry for my stupid wording

EDIT,, I changed the back hub on 1 side (4 bolts) ,had to end up doing brake pipe and cylinder also but I have been told its running straight ,, is this a stroke of luck or is my adviser just being nice ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.