All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
brakes and pads needed despretly for a corsa b 1.2 merit i have just been for a service and i need new brakes and pads so i thought id try to get sum dencent drilled/grooved brakes and decent pads so if any1 has any for sale let me know asap.
cheers:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
might be no good to you but as a 1200 corsa it will have solid discs and personally id see that as a waste of my hard earned cahs to try and make the 1200s better, ive got some vented 1600 16v gsi calipers coming off my car in the next week or so which id gladly give you for free if you covered the postage, it would mean you would have vented as stadnard and could upgrade to maybe drilled and grooved and some braided hoses and actually get some benifit from them

d

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
ive got some vented 1600 16v gsi calipers coming off my car in the next week or so which id gladly give you for free if you covered the postage

d
Common now thats a deal mate, he will even give you them gladly :laugh: what you waiting for!

mark your a very generous mofo, you will be going to vauxhall heaven lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry lads not been on for a while been away!! i will glady take them off ur hands mate if u still wana giv thm me will they just fit straight on then?? with urs being a 1.6

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i did it all myself mate so costs kept very low :)

yeah the calipers are yours if you want them give me your postcode and ill price postage for you

d

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
give us a rough estimate on wat u ave spent because im thinking of doing it myself, and my postcode is ng8 4er

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
well in all honesty mate i bought a corsa sri with everything in it and swopped the lot over, reshell if you will, the first one i bought cost me £400 for the engine with all the mounts and spacers, £20 for shafts, 80 for mtek hubs, £30 for cavy gsi rims £20 calibra turbo brakes, £100 exhaust,£20 rev counter speedo, fitted all myself

these calipers will be off either thursday or friday, at that point ill take a few pics for you and ill give them a clean and see about postage

d

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok mate cheers for that. let me no wen u find a price 4 me, ive noted tht every 2l conversion has cavy wheels on is this needed? or cud i keep my rims?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
2.0 16v brakes will take 14s and above(only certain vauxhall 14s)
cavy turbo brakes and v6 brakes are 15s and above

cavy rims are cheap and there pretty popular for the corsas

d

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ahh right i mite need to get rid of my alloys then there15"s i dont think they will be good enough, dont like the cavy wheels tho!! nothing personal just my fussy taste.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Surely it doesn't matter which wheels you have as long as they are big enough to accommodate the brakes you have? :confused: Can't see how cavvy wheels are NEEDED for a 2.0L conversion?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh right well i want the big brakes on show!!! might have to get rid of my car any way needs new oil rings & i havent the money for them kind of hours a mechanic charges!!

obviously get another corsa tho!!!!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
normaly people without a bit engine want them on show so people think its fast.but people with a big engine dont want people knowing all adds to the sleeper look.:)

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
there coming off tomorrow when i get home, took me a while to oder my pads and discs cause i hadnt been paid but there unbolted and as soon as i take the wheels off they will be ready

d

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alryt then thts kwl matey:thumbs_up:
let me no about postage and i will see what i can do for u, i defo need them because im thinkin of puttin a x14xe engine in my car for now seeing as its my first yr driving i wont b able to put a 2.0turbo in lol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts