All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, not sure if this is in the wrong forum. Sorry if it is!

I was just wondering if it is true about brand new cars/engines not having great MPG in the first 1000 miles or so but then wil get better in time, because mine (1.2 Corsa, 210 miles) is doing terrible at the moment - around 37mpg. I really hope this gets better!

Thanks
Lauren

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Hi, not sure if this is in the wrong forum. Sorry if it is!

I was just wondering if it is true about brand new cars/engines not having great MPG in the first 1000 miles or so but then wil get better in time, because mine (1.2 Corsa, 210 miles) is doing terrible at the moment - around 37mpg. I really hope this gets better!

Thanks
Lauren
Depends how your driving it.

They generally use more oil during the running in period. That's why you'll have a litre bottle from VX in your boot. But as for 37mpg, that's pretty decent tbh, but it depends how you drive.

Touching on 50mpg is the very limit for the new 1.2's an average of 45is very capable driving like you've got your gran in the car all the time, on the motorway. But if you drive high in the revs and don't change when the shift light comes on, and around town. Then I'd expect low 30's, so your around middle of this. This could be because of town driving and then some high rev action.

But either way, I wouldn't say anythings wrong with 37mpg.

(I've just got 180miles to a full tank, I'd have your mpg anyday!! Haha)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends how your driving it.

They generally use more oil during the running in period. That's why you'll have a litre bottle from VX in your boot. But as for 37mpg, that's pretty decent tbh, but it depends how you drive.

Touching on 50mpg is the very limit for the new 1.2's an average of 45is very capable driving like you've got your gran in the car all the time, on the motorway. But if you drive high in the revs and don't change when the shift light comes on, and around town. Then I'd expect low 30's, so your around middle of this. This could be because of town driving and then some high rev action.

But either way, I wouldn't say anythings wrong with 37mpg.

(I've just got 180miles to a full tank, I'd have your mpg anyday!! Haha)
Thanks for the reply Martin! It's made me feel a bit better.

I don't have to go on the motorway for work or anything like that (work is 10 mins away on A roads) so I suppose it isn't too bad. I'd say I drive normally as in i'm not forever reving it etc.

Thanks again :)
Lauren

EDIT: I think i may be comparing it to my 1999 Corsa B, which i was getting loads more mpg. Like half a tank could last me 2 weeks+ i really miss this lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.