All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please can someone help, i have an r reg corsa 1.4 16v automatic and my brake system light began to occassionally light up on the dashboard last friday..(whilst driving). my trusty owners manual suggested to check the brake fluid level. however the level was good. the next suggestion in the manual is to interrupt journey and consult a vauxhall dealership... obviously i couldnt possibly pay the £350 for a full service and diagnostic check via laptop that i was quoted. I didnt really use the car over the weekend but had no other choice today and to my alarm the brake system light is now constantly lit. i have no brake lights and i have replaced the bulbs and fuse. how can i rectify this problem ? also.. if i choose to ignore the problem would it cause further damage? thankyou for any advice that anyone could offer[

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
i wouldnt drive with no break lights it voids insurance how much is left on the

pads?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
that was my thinking,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi again.... before i go and get all mucky, would worn pads stop the brake lights from working? fuse is ok bulbs too...

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
feel up the pedal at the top should be a push in switch see if that has become

loose or stuck in any way. when you push the break pedal this switch should

come out activating the lights.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi there. ok i sorted the brake lights out, demon was correct it was the switch at the top of the brake pedal.. so thanks demon much appreiciated the pads look fine to me, but will replace them tomorrow, asuming that replacing the pads doesnt solve the brake system light problem, what else could it be???

·
Registered
2,449 Posts

is it number 5 that lights up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts