All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP :(

problem started last couple of days.. the car has started making a real loud breezy noise.. it's really annoying,
i've had sum1 take a quick look n they mentioned...

-Cambelt tench,
-One of bearings in the roller has proberly gone and the wheel isnt sitting straight which means belt isnt sitting right on the rollers,

can anyone relate to this? or have any ideas on wot the problem is... and how much it will be to cost,

Real clueless on this subject, so if anyone could help it would be fantastic.. x

thanks in advanced..

·
Registered
224 Posts
hi

mate when you here this breezy noise is it on acceleration, tickover, all the time. when was the car last serviced, what is your manifold and exhaust like, are all your hoses firmly connected and not perished. :confused:

sorry

forgot to add what car is this on, and i will ask my mechanic mate for a price if it is cam tensioners but i dont think itis and at same time ask him if he has any other ideas

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for uir reply davy, apprieciated mate.. Corsa GSI, And the problem occurs when i push Accel pedal down.. wethers im driving or got it neutral ticking over.... which sounds exhuast manifold related to me, i'll check the connection on the manifold etc later.. but like i said im absoloutly clueless on this subject..

BUT I DID GET A SECOND OPINION... similar to the first, was mentioned that could be alternator, but i've got a reciept here showing i had a new 1 put in not long ago, could it jus be bearings within?

thanks again..

Also.. any reason why my car randomly chugs whilst ticking over?.. not a big problem but jus irritates me and i can neva leave my car ticking over whilst parked up for short time... any help wud be fab :D:D

Get olll Deathscythe on the case, genius :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
I get that, mine's coming from my new silencer (standard as the garage did some work and didnt consult me first) but mine's more of a whistle. It's where the two parts arent connected tightly enough I believe. I just tell them it's a turbo.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Fan belt squeal perhaps?

check the tension on your fan belt you should have 1/4" of deflection in the belt or be able to twist it through 90 degrees as a rough guide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts