All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone got any good tips on losing weight and building up muscle. At the moment i'm doing a lot of heavy bag work and getting back into sparring and training. But i seem to be struggling to lose that last bit of weight off my stomach.

Any ideas???

:thumbs_up:

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
sit ups? crunches? burpies?

change what you drink to water ;) its magical stuff and can greatly help weight loss ;)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i've being doing that and drinking tons of water, also eating better as well, but i'm not feeling much of an improvement.

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Mmm the last bit is always hard :-\

Keep at it, it'll go if you keep trying, pushing yourself, burpies will probably help a lot, uses a large muscle group and works well aerobically as well

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
And of course if you get bored of them:

Amazing fitness at show with Burpees!

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
sit ups? crunches? burpies?
You cant spot train fat, so even though that will help burn off calories from the exercise it wont just burn it off the stomach.
Best thing to do is eat 5 small meals a day, eat alot more fruit and drink loads of water. But trying to build muscle while losing fat is going to be difficult, your best off eating loads of carbs and protein while trying to bulk the muscle up by doing a low amount of reps with a big weight in 3 sets. Then after you have bulked up, start cutting basically doing a high amount of reps with a light weight, maybe 15 reps in 5 sets. Also while cutting cut the carb intake down abit.

·
Registered
713 Posts
thing is, when you build muscle, you gain weight, as muscle weighs heavier than fat...so technically you cant build muscle and lose weight,

but im just being picky...

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
thing is, when you build muscle, you gain weight, as muscle weighs heavier than fat...so technically you cant build muscle and lose weight,

but im just being picky...
Technically depending on how much fat you have, if you burn all the fat off you can still lose weight ;) however you are correct about the rest.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
eating small portions frequently slows down your metabolism which helps lose weight, but if you have a slow metabolism if you have a large meal you put weight back on quickly

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
eating small portions frequently slows down your metabolism which helps lose weight, but if you have a slow metabolism if you have a large meal you put weight back on quickly
dont you mean small portions speeds up your metabolism?
edit: actually what the hell do you mean, if you have a slow metabolism and a big meal you will put weight back on?

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
A fast metabolism would be better for loosing weight... surely?!
But way he has written it, it sounds like if you have small portions 5 times a day you will slow your metabolism down and will put lots of weight back on by having a big meal :confused:

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
and if you do it in a REALLY cold bath, you'll speed up your metabolism (and your masturbation lol)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts