All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right, im new to all this but since owning my corsa b for the last 3 days i have already changed the dash lights, and heater lights and TID lights, got HID bulbs on order and getting neons to put in footwells and door pockets and under door pockets to come on when car doors are opened, installing new sub on monday just a small 1200w one lol, its litreally not the best but will do for my corsa atm, fli trap 12 active, built in amp. oh and ive cleaned the engine bay up ALOT!! dont think its ever been cleaned....one last thing i really really want!!!! is a built in usb slot either in the top of the dash or near ish. ive looked and looked but cant find anything on here.

so some one please help me what do i need and how do i do it! thanks

Alex

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Buy a stereo with one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought someone would say buy a stereo but we all know stereo and USB sticking out at the gear stick is annoying and I have a USB one but again hate where is it and hate the ashtray always being open, my thinking it either in side glove box on the right hand wall, or under the glove box on the shelf, I wondered if n e one had made a kit yet like people do, so I know all these answers are gonna be the easy way but has n e one got n e idea at all?

How about dismantling the USB one I have wire that up to 12v straight up obvo fused, but then mount in a box from maplins and mount that were I want it...obvo thus having the USB female flush with the box in a cut out....anyone ? Think this will work?

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's really cool I like the idea not a prob, I like the radio USB on back idea that's cool, but the 5v to 12v if I use the insides of the USB CIG lighter thingy I have already....and then mount it hard wired and nodded to fit a universal box from maplins, then boom ting done? No?

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Yes USB is 5v, but you can use something called an LM7805 and connect that to a 12v source and connect a USB socket to it and then mount it flush on the dashboard depending what you want it for. If it is for USB drives, go for the glovebox or the centre console below the ashtray. If it is for a cable, put it below the hazard switch or by the light control dial - maybe in a spare fog light button

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right guys after much searching I've decided what I'm gonna do, flush USB in glove box, for mp3 or phone charge and then second one in fog light hole flush again for again phone or sat nav, two you might be wondering but my mates will thank me when they can charge their iPhone or phone in my Corsa. Makes sense to me guys!

Oh also...anyone brought the dit LED lighting kit for the door pockets, where you can cut and join and glue where you want? Thinking of buying this 30m roll of it, and its grill stuff coz again just connect all the same lot for each door unless obvo door lighting switch.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Couldn't work out what you were trying to say on the last part but if you are running two USB sockets, make sure you regulate them both separately and use the correct fuses, otherwise it most likely wont work correctly and you will have holes in your dashboard for no reason

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
ditch the text talk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts