All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help ive just done the brakes on my corsa d and the warning lights in the car are still on and i have got an alarm buzzing coming from the front end and it vibrates through the whole car and it drains my battery please is their a reset button

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
How can you be sure you've done it properly?
If you definitely have, and Dave is right about there not being a reset, then taking it to a VX dealer is probably your best bet.

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Well, assuming it has ABS, thats really the only electrical thing down there that you could have disturbed. Unless they have pad wear sensors? I'm not up to scratch with new corsas so im not sure what they have.

Only advice really is to double check everything

Dave

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
It's probably the pad wear sensor, or its wiring, earthing out.

If you followed the Haynes manual when you did the job you may well have broken the sensor as the manual is wrong about how you remove the sensor. When the pads are worn more that about half way you must remove the pad before you try to remove the sensor.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's probably the pad wear sensor, or its wiring, earthing out.

If you followed the Haynes manual when you did the job you may well have broken the sensor as the manual is wrong about how you remove the sensor. When the pads are worn more that about half way you must remove the pad before you try to remove the sensor.[/

Had the wheels back off again to check the sensor wires, apparently sensors are bomb proof or so a vx mechanic said. They seem to be okay ,so vx diagnostics here we come ..... CHEERS

1 - 9 of 9 Posts