All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya there

i am thinking about buying a c16xe engine with 122k on it. i am goin re-build it but i wanna put some performance parts in it to what would you say would be the best

cheers craig

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
A hell of a lot of money and you'd be lucky to get anywhere near 150bhp.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
True, if you have loads of cash to throw at it anything is possible really. But it all boils down to if it is worth it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yer that true the engine wont actually be goin until the end of this yr or part of next year becuase it will need a re-build yer i was just going to get some performance parts. in some way i could throw a little at it over the year

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
How much are you paying for the engine?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Keep an eye out on ebay. You can often pick the c16xe or x16xe engine up for £50 onwards off there.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i didnt no that, this is what i am hoping to do to it sum cams,4-2-1 manifold,exhast system, ported and polished head, inlet manifold.

will all that make alot of diiference really

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
It would make a difference, its justifying the cost to do all that, is it worth all the money.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
i didnt no that, this is what i am hoping to do to it sum cams,4-2-1 manifold,exhast system, ported and polished head, inlet manifold.

will all that make alot of diiference really
It would, with it all setup properly and a remap you may be able to push 140-150bhp.

The advantage of the retops over the 1.6's is that you have that power out of the box and also lots more torque. Plus it's far cheaper.

But that doesn't mean the 1.6 isn't a good option.

If you are to persue the 1.6 idea, I would higly recommend getting an engine with sub 100k miles on it to be on the safe side and to keep rebuilding costs down.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
kk. but i would of went for a redtop in mine but i will be only 18 imagine what the insurnace would be like on it lol quite abit. that why i was goin for the gsi engine

craig

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Don't forget you will have to declare the engine mods so you may end up paying the same if not more as the redtop.

Unless you do it step by step. As in buy the standard engine, run it standard for a while then start to do the mods once you can afford it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Depends on a lot of factors. Best thing to do is ring around.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts