All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guy

im doing a 2 litre conversion on my corsa and im going to get all my stuff from chris astley motorsport,i have engine and gear box and mounts but realy confused about the whole driveshaft thing

ill buy the driveshafts and inner cv joints , but what about the outer cv joints and hubs, my car is a lreg 1.4 sri 8v does anybody have any idea on what i will need including bearings,outer cv joints etc etc

would be a great help if u cud tell me

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Moved to the correct forum, and edited title.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
No probs. Try PM'ing mmvcorsa129 or mark.
They've both done the conversion endless amounts so should be able to help you.

·
Registered
273 Posts
While we're on about engine conversions, what happens to the insurance? Does it become a kit car or what? I want one done on mine but it depends on the insurance.

·
Registered
390 Posts
hi guy

im doing a 2 litre conversion on my corsa and im going to get all my stuff from chris astley motorsport,i have engine and gear box and mounts but realy confused about the whole driveshaft thing

ill buy the driveshafts and inner cv joints , but what about the outer cv joints and hubs, my car is a lreg 1.4 sri 8v does anybody have any idea on what i will need including bearings,outer cv joints etc etc

would be a great help if u cud tell me
you can either use corsa gsi driveshafts, with standard corsa outer cvs and obviously standard hubs, but you will need 1.6 mk2 cavalier inner cv's (22 spline IIRC)

or the better option is to use chris astleys shafts with his motorsport hubs, that way you can use the 2.0 cav inner and outer CVs, so its much more durable:thumbs_up:

Mark

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yer thats where im gonna get them from , finding 22 spline drive shafts are hard so gonna buy them new

will i need to buy the hubs aswell as on my corsa there only 1.4 hubs cuz they must have diffrent amount of splines to the 2.0 cav ones

cheers

·
Registered
390 Posts
yer thats where im gonna get them from , finding 22 spline drive shafts are hard so gonna buy them new

will i need to buy the hubs aswell as on my corsa there only 1.4 hubs cuz they must have diffrent amount of splines to the 2.0 cav ones

cheers
yes mate if your using the aftermarket shafts you will need to get the hubs as well

Mark

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
While we're on about engine conversions, what happens to the insurance? Does it become a kit car or what? I want one done on mine but it depends on the insurance.
my car has gone up to the insurance group of the car the engine came out of. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you can find me an insurance company that will insure a 17 year old male on his own policy for a 52 plate gold Corsa C with a Calibra turbo engine...go ahead :D

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
If you can find me an insurance company that will insure a 17 year old male on his own policy for a 52 plate gold Corsa C with a Calibra turbo engine...go ahead :D
didnt relise you had the turbo lump for it was the normal red top.:)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
mite be able to on a normal red top.im paying £700 tptf all mods declared but im 19 with 2 years ncb.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 last question, can i use my fuel pump thats in my car now or do i have to change it, think i put the details of my car up but if not its a L reg 1.4 8v mpi

1 - 20 of 23 Posts