All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hiya everyone i am new

i am goin to get my corsa converted to a 2.0 but i wanna run r1 carbs off it because my mate has got them on his zetec engine and wow dont it sound nice and it has done quite abit to his performaance, would this work on the c20xe? if so, what would be the gain and what needs to be done? cheers everyone

craig

p.s my cheapest quote i had is 1750 that engine,gearbox,ecu and everything includin welding and putting it in and wiring it up is this a good price and for an exhast system it wouldbe about 250 to 350 is that bout rite?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I think its best just to stick with 2.0 litre conversion for now, craig mate you willl be impressed with the standard spec performance anyway! converting the carbs isnt an easy process, and its definitely not cheap. Plus your ECU will need alot of modification. The problem is also trying to source somebody that does the R1 conversion.

A standard spec 2.0 in a corsa is flipping rapid as it is! although there is nothing stopping you from doing it later on if you still want :thumbs_up:

What exhaust is it do you know? and is it a full system

hope this helps ya :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i was thinking about doing the webber 45s but then i heard that the r1 are something else so i thought i would put it on the car. so what would i actually need to do it? what would the BHP on it and the 0-60? mmvcorsa129 is your one quick and what does your do 0-60 and top end?

cheers craig

·
Registered
585 Posts
If I were you Craig, I'd just get the C20XE in there first and worry about the rest later on. As mentioned above, you'll definitely notice the difference. My brother has a XE Cavalier and manages to scare the **** out of me quite regularly in the lanes.....you'll be more than impressed with the way it'll move a Corsa shell believe me.

·
Registered
585 Posts
corsacraig19, I have to ask you....what engine is in there now?

·
Registered
585 Posts
1.2 16v ecotec engine is there anything else u would like to no on the spec off the or what i am going to do
1.2 to a 2.0 is a big jump mate, you're looking at double the power (and petrol consumption)....an XE will be well sufficient for now. I went from a 1.1 Fiesta to a 1.6 SRi Corsa and trust me it made a hell of a difference. I am just curious as to why the engine transplant needs to be so powerful?

If it matters to you that you need more 'oooomph', just get a C20LET in there if you really want power. Personally, I think the XE on it's own (straight conversion) is more than enough...it would be for me anyway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
i no but i dont no wat else would be a big jump reali coz i dont wanna be scared of the car but like i have been in a c20xe n i have been in n drove a 1.6 sport i felt that the 1.6 was abit slow for how much power they have bout 107bhp init so i dunno

craig help!!!!!!! i am confused now lol

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
ive drove loads of them the standard xe conversion spot on but before you do go for it check insurance costs, what years the car you have? what specs the car ie power steering abs etc? its a fairly straight forward conversion so if i can help feel free to pm me

d

1 - 13 of 13 Posts