All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i bought the corsa sport with a c20xe fitted just engine and box F16,
so i wired it all up etc fitted the shafts and went to take it for a test drive and it doesn't pull away when you start to release the clutch absolutely nothing at all,

the drive shafts seem to be in the box etc properly,

soi tried jacking the front wheels off the floor put it in gear then turned one wheel by hand and one span forward and the other span backward so i assume the box is ok.

iv stripped the box off it surprisingly easy around a hour lol,
and the clutch plate looks like its been burning on the flywheel and pressure plate, plus fw and p/p look corroded to bits would this be the reason iv got no drive?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as i no it has been stood since 2009 well thats the last tax disk
ill get a new clutch
also do you no if theres anyway to cheack the gearbox aswell mate while its out

thanks dragon

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Clutch has had it box should be fine if you were able to select gears would advise a flywheel skimaswell thats alot of high spots

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers Craig can i just wet and dry the fly wheel iv started to do it and its coming up ok been on 2 hours but looks ok or will i need to change it

thanks again fella

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Correct procedure would be to have a skim wet and dry will only clean the high spots off you may get away with it or you may not

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cheers again mate if i get it skimmed do you think the car should be ok then?
i wish i just built my own corsa c20xe from scratch not someone elses half done project lol
iv had nothin but problems with this

but everythings done if i get it to pull away

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iv drianed all box oil anyway lads, just dont wanna spend money on clutch and flywheel then find it still wont pull away,

thanks again

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
basically your clutch is wanked its so worn it cant engage properly in turn it wont go anywhere. Its seen better days get a new one in there new oil in the box you should be good to go also as the lads were saying get the flywell skimmed from what i can see looks as if the clutch plate was changed at some point but the used the old pressure plate.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
also check the shafts are fully into the box.

Reactions: bigg1115

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im off to pick a clutch up now so hopefully that will sort it im going to garage first thing ill let you no how i get on with it

thanks again

1 - 14 of 14 Posts