All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv found an xe engine that i mite by an iv bin quoted £500 - £800 to fit it do you think that would be an alright price?
an if i got it would 2 people be able to lift it into a van or would i need a cran?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats guna be a problem then my boss is guna lend me his van an my mates lending me the money.:)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well there will be three people including the bloke i by the engine off.i just got quoted £700 to insure it i thought that was quite cheap.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Bear in mind you will need a fitting kit for it. Luckily for you, being a gold member you get good discounts from chrisastleymotosport on that sort of stuff.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im just looking into the fitting kits at the moment.i forgot about the discount.:)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Have a word with Mark (moderator on here), he's clued up on the Redtop conversions.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im just seeing if i can use my mates garage to store it for a week or 2 if i can im guna by it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
What's the milage of the engine and how much are you paying for it?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That one is fantastic value if it really is genuine 30,000miles. It will be like new.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i no prob got more than 30,000 miles tho.i rang him he recons its bin out the car for 3-4 months now.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Try and get a few months guarantee with it aswell.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im not getting the one off ebay now.iv just applyed for a loan and if i get it im booking it in to jam sport to get a recon 2l xe fitted with bigger breaks in about 2-3 weeks hopfully.:)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
How much is that going to set you back? And does it include the full fitting kit?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
about 2000 all fitted on the road he said it will take a week two get the engine an parts an a week two fit it .

1 - 20 of 53 Posts