All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the cam cover off an early xe the same as the one on the late xe ?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i just got my covers back for my corsa, theres still polish on them in the pics but you get the idea :)

i like the painted look its more factory finish than bling

d

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
its not perfect but its not far off it, few wee rust spots on the cam cover that where missed but you wont see them when its on anyway

d

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looks good mate.i still duno wether to get mine powder coat witch i got quoted £40 for rocker cover an cam cover or get it polished or chromed.:confused:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Be careful getting it powder coated. There was a thread on CS recently where a powder coated cover caused thousands of £'s worth or damage to a c20let engine.
It was caused by the inside of the cover being powdercoated aswell as the outside. Once it was bolted on and the engine was running for a while, the coating started to break off and cause major problems to the engine.

IIRC the argument was that it shouldn't have been powdercoated on the inside.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i read about that on mig i was guna get the bloke that done my wheels to do it but im not sure wether it would be easyier just to polish it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
to be honest it shouldnt be powdercoated in the inside anyway, most powdercoaters cover the inside with some kinda wax so that the coating only sticks on to the bits its ment to why yuo would want the inside sones beyond me

d

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That's what I didn't understand, why would you powdercoat the inside?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts