All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

In typical Murphy's Law fashion, my Corsa has been playing up since I have advertised it to sell it (some of you may have seen it on the For Sale section here). Basically, some mornings the car will be slow to start (lots of cranking) then will fire up after a while but the EML will come on. It will run a tiny bit lumpy for 5-10 mins but then if you restart the engine when it has reached operating temperature, it restarts fine and the light goes out/lumpy running disappears!

I've had the codes read at a garage and it has come up with cam sensor? I've heard a lot of people mentioning crank sensors, but never heard of a cam sensor. Does this sound correct?

The car has had a new MAF sensor about 6 months ago by the way. It ran brilliantly with it, and then this problem started.

If there is a way I can get it sorted without having to pay £40 for the new sensor, please do let me know. I obviously don't want to replace parts if all I need do is something daft like unplug the battery for a day!

Help would be appreciated,

PK

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Cam sensors can go - but less common than the crank sensor. But that code can also be thrown if for example the timing chain is out slightly - I had one a few weeks back did that and it needed the timing resetting.

Or sometimes the cam sensor code will come up if the crank sensor is beginning to fail and the ECU is seeing the signals out of phase.

However, from your description of how it's running it does sound like the sensor is playing up. Given that it's a lot better once warm I wonder if there's damp in the electrical connector on it? Worth taking it apart, spraying with WD40 and seeing if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for your help.

So you reckon it might be a bit drastic to rip out the current sensor then? Where is it located? ill try the ol' wd40 trick.

PK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts