All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Got a 1.0 12v x reg b and waiting for gas coilovers to arrive, do I NEEED camber adjustment bolts ?

Was gonna get some but on ebay they all mention GSi, which mine obviously isn't -

Is the bottom strut bolt different on a GSi and a 1.0 ?

Ta

Al

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
It depends on how low you're going to go, but anymore than 40-50mm imo i'd get them fitted and then alligned to make the most of the suspension and prevent tyre wear.

I'm sure all the struts are the same compatability wise on the Corsa B, so if the bolts say they fit a GSI, they should fit yours a swell.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hardcore,

Was thinking ballpark figure of around 50mm, so yeah, I'll get them, as you say might get a few more miles out of the tyres ! :thumbs_up:

Al

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
I went 60mm on my corsa, i never had them, car was tracked fine, depends more on the offset of the wheels as you may need some camber to keep them in the arches

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have just installed them on my car after being told -0.5 to -1 degrees camber is a perfect setup on a corsa (which you usually get close to from forced camber after lowing) Mines set on Max negative camber (-1.8) for the moment just so we could track it quickly but it has actually made handling worse as there is less surface area of the tire on the road.

uploadfromtaptalk1363173588724.jpg

Photo doesn't do it much justice. Car now looks like its buckled at the knees haha.

I will be getting them set up properly around -0.8 negative camber and I can report back if you would like.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All,

Yeah please Sam.

I just figure for the cost £30, I may as well fit them now rather that get tracked find I need them and then have to get tracked again later.

Al

Bradders - Offset is from memory 49, which I again believe is standard corsa offset. running 15" Tigra 5 spokes with 195/50/15's fitted P6's

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I wouldn't bother at your height.

Also alot of tracking places won't do camber bolts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hi All,

Yeah please Sam.

I just figure for the cost £30, I may as well fit them now rather that get tracked find I need them and then have to get tracked again later.

Al

Bradders - Offset is from memory 49, which I again believe is standard corsa offset. running 15" Tigra 5 spokes with 195/50/15's fitted P6's
You don't actually need them and will be fine without but if you do have them and adjust them right their suppose to help a fair bit. Places that do 4 wheel laser alignment will usually deal with camber bolts and adjust it to how you want it

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers Sam :thumbs_up:

Well, coil overs arrived today, I had already bought the bolts so thought i'd have a dry run :palm:

Theres a washer on the bolt that has a small peg on one side on a large lever on the other, I expected this would locate somewhere but it won't :palm:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh - lol

Al

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers buddy,

thats just reinforced my belief theres something wrong with these bolts, brand new GAZ coil overs and cannot get that lug to locate into the top hole to locate in such a way as the bolt will fit

now i know i can be pretty dumb sometimes - but something aint right here

:eek:

Al

1 - 17 of 17 Posts