All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey has anyone with a corsa cammed it?im really intrested in doing it just wondring wether it needs remap as it says on sites you cant remap anything under 1996 and mine is 1995?please let me know if anyone knows anything about cams all info will be very much appreaciated

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I have heard to get the best from cams you do need a remap, not 100% sure on this but if yours cant be mapped can it not be chipped?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Price will vary depending on where you take it. Why can't pre 95 cars be remapped? As far as I'm aware they can.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
check www.pipercams.co.uk for camshaft kits. Drop them an email aswell for more info. I'm sure your ecu will be able to be remapped.

Also consider combining with an inlet manifold for a far greater performance gain. The inlets on the 1.4 16v and the 1.6 16v are really restrictive.

With cams, inlet and a remap, around or over 110bhp is realisticly achievable.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
I think a remap costs about 300 mate, theres actually an inlet manifold on ebay going for around 200 not sure on the quality though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
cams would be a good move for you in your car :thumbs_up: i have had a new cam set up in mine and the power hike at around 3,500rpm is very noticable , its like you drop a gear!! in regard to a remap i think it is best but not essential to have it. I havnet had my car rempapped, its fine when your moving but around town and in traffic the famous "lumpy idol" can sometimes affect the cars running. Its never cut out on me but it feels like it could, i think i will be having a remap soon, thats all i will say

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
wont an inlet cost an arm and a leg?ontop of cams and remap
Around £250-300 for a decent Mantzel. Same for a new Lexmaul off the German ebay.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
cams would be a good move for you in your car :thumbs_up: i have had a new cam set up in mine and the power hike at around 3,500rpm is very noticable , its like you drop a gear!! in regard to a remap i think it is best but not essential to have it. I havnet had my car rempapped, its fine when your moving but around town and in traffic the famous "lumpy idol" can sometimes affect the cars running. Its never cut out on me but it feels like it could, i think i will be having a remap soon, thats all i will say
With out a remap the gains surely wont be as good though.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Any performance mod to a car will increase fuel consumption. A remap should do something towards minimising it but not by a lot.

·
Registered
121 Posts
what about the fuel situation?does it drink?
fuel consumption does get a little worse, i dont know what sort of miles per gallon you get on a tandard sri 16V but at the mo i can get about 150 miles from £20. not brilliant but not bad

·
Registered
121 Posts
With out a remap the gains surely wont be as good though.
although i got a noticable change from the new cams i dont doubt lodgey is right about a remap.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Dont expect it too be cheap, you will be forking out quite a bit of cash for cams, remap and inlet mani. Dont know what the power figures are as never seen a modified 1.4 16v

1 - 20 of 21 Posts