All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im gonna be spraying my bumpers + all other black parts on my car soon, just wondering if anyone can do a photoshop to see what it would look like with them colourcoded?

Ive only got Paint shop on this pc so i cant do it!

Heres an example but its pretty useless!

The pics are in my gallery just click gallery below my username to save wasting webspace + putting so many pics on! (ones with the alloys are most preffered to be edited!!)

Also thinking about lowing it 40mm if anyone can do that too!! :)

Aidan.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts

my old gsi for an idea of how good they look in red

R.I.P. my baby she got wrote off by uninsured driver

·
Registered
2,449 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the GSI pics sep!, think i might get a GSI bumper at some time :) gonna stick the the one ive got for the min till i have the money as they seem to be selling for 100 odd! like the sideskirts though might find some of them!

And thanks for taking the time to do the photoshoppin demon! :D

should be spraying in a couple of weeks now.. just gotta get paint + primer sorted out!!

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
378 Posts
you got to fill all the grooves and then sand back then fill again and sand back and fill again and so on unitl its all a nice smooth shape,also when you paint your bumpers make sure you get a good quality plastic primer otherwise the paint wont stick

·
Registered
143 Posts
you use fiberglass and a little filler as possible. fill the mojority of the groove with f/g after keying it well with rough paper, then use a thin skim of filler flating it after every application. it isnt hard but takes time to do properly

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, Sounds like a bit of work but might do one when i have the time!,

I was gonna use the Hycote grey primer same as Geebs (steve) used spraying his bumpers, looks like they have come up nicely, gotta remove back to black before anything though! - pressure washes every day should help!

Aidan.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Hey, Sounds like a bit of work but might do one when i have the time!,

I was gonna use the Hycote grey primer same as Geebs (steve) used spraying his bumpers, looks like they have come up nicely, gotta remove back to black before anything though! - pressure washes every day should help!

Aidan.
You have to sand the bumpers first.. so the back to black will be removed more via that..

·
Registered
143 Posts
as danh said. thinners to clean then flat with 1200 paper, make sure you get rid of the textured plastic finish or it wont look right when painted.

·
Registered
378 Posts
1200s too fine wants to be at least 320 grade id plastic prime them first then 2 good coats of high build primer on top of that and then a good 800 wet-n-dry and they should be ready for painting

·
Registered
378 Posts
he will be there forever with 600 better off starting with 320 then work up through the higher grade paper i used a da sander and they still took some time to take back

1 - 20 of 25 Posts