All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right i was looking on google i noticed that the X14XE wich is the 1.4 16v SRi Engine looks like this

http://www.corsa.ja.pl/img/x14xe.jpg

i havent got that mad coil pack thingy on the right,mine is empty,i havent got that fusebox on the right my battry sits there,so i thought it might have had a transplant when the ex owner said it had a new engine...

http://www.pipercross.net/newsletters/xl_1004/pk037xl_front_left.jpg

as this X16XE (GSi??) looks exactly same as mine empty space on the right hand side battry same place and brake fluid the same place.

can anyone help me, do you think its had a transplant to a GSi or is there early/late models of the SRi with diffrences under the bonnet?

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
screen wash i think. you should have one.

you can tell yours is a post 94 one because the pre 94 had a black plastic

upper inlet manifold and yours is a cast iron upper inlet manifold.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
i think thats coolant expansion tank, your screen wash would be behind the

firewall on the right hand side.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Not a 1.6 can see its too small for that. Definitely a 1.4

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry but your the second person whoes said that to me... how can you see if the engine is too small they look basically identical! if i showed you a 1.2 8v and a 1.6 8v they look basically identical not much of a size diffrence specially not for 200cc diffrence

·
Registered
713 Posts
only real difference with engine capacity is the size of the compression chamber, theyre deeper down and shorter crankshafts on bigger engines on some cars, esp older model vauxhalls, which is why a much bigger Calibra/Frontera/Cavalier etc engine will fit into a 1.2 engine bay as the overall engine aint all that much bigger in overall looks. its mainly all internal differences

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
sorry but your the second person whoes said that to me... how can you see if the engine is too small they look basically identical! if i showed you a 1.2 8v and a 1.6 8v they look basically identical not much of a size diffrence specially not for 200cc diffrence
There are slight differences in the two. Look at the pic of the x16xe you posted an compare it to yours and they do look different. As for the keeping up with your mates sport it is possible that if you dont know which engine it is that it could have been modified internally. As mentioned before best bet is to look at engine number.

only real difference with engine capacity is the size of the compression chamber, theyre deeper down and shorter crankshafts on bigger engines on some cars, esp older model vauxhalls, which is why a much bigger Calibra/Frontera/Cavalier etc engine will fit into a 1.2 engine bay as the overall engine aint all that much bigger in overall looks. its mainly all internal differences
True but I seen many x14xe and x16xe an its always looked bigger. Not by much though i do agree.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
True but I seen many x14xe and x16xe an its always looked bigger. Not by much though i do agree.
the cam covers are the same size, hence looking from top view like this you

can't tell.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
the cam covers are the same size, hence looking from top view like this you

can't tell.
Cam covers are yes but looking under it does seem smaller. Could be wrong obviously with his cover been painted hard to compare visually but I reckon its a x14xe. Well hopefully it is because Im guessing hes insured ona 1.4?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.