All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right im slapping a protech manifold on, but i cant seem to get the bolts off this circle housing thing whats it for? can i do away with it?

oh and whats the best way to get the manifold out? :S

cheers people! :D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Do u mean the bracket its on or the actual component?

F*ck it! get the angle grinder out dearing!!

i wouldnt recommend it though lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It all comes off Ant, I took mine off when I fitted my Protec and never fitted it back when I went back to standard, I just blocked the hole off with a blanking plate.

You need to remove the secondary air pump which is located in front of the battery.
Blank the vacuum pipe off with a bolt stuffed in the end of it.

Then you need to unbolt the actual mounting plate for the silver cylinder in the picture. It is really hard to get to but as you won't ever need it again feel free to bend and twist it as much as you like.

Once all that crap is out of the way, unbolt your exhaust manifold, you may find you might have to unbolt the radiator and or fan and move them up a bit so the manifold will move past them. It is really tight but with a bit of twisting and co-ordinated movement it will come off.

Definately do it with an assistant though as it's impossible by yourself.

Oh and make sure you get a new exhaust manifold gasket and new bolt when fitting the Protec.

If any of this doesn't make sense or you need anymore help let me know.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i need a new gasket for the bottom join as its blowing like fook lol! is it the tapered gasket i need? looks like a tapered wheel bearing? lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not a clue what it's called but I know which one you mean. Most exhaust and tyre places will sell them for a few £.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts