All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently sold a sub and amp on ebay and posted it to the buyer and he recived it today and he said when he opened it he tested it in his friends car on his friends amp and it was not working, it was blown, but later on in the phone call he changed his story and said when he opened it he tapped the sub and he could tell straight away it was blown. But before I sent the sub and amp I tested it and it was working because it was in my car because the only reason I sold it is because my girlfriends expecting a baby and we needed the money for baby stuff and also needed the room in the boot for the pram. Now hes saying hes thinking off putting a claim into paypal. what do you think on where i stand and do you think he would get a refund.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well this is what i emailed to paypal. Do you think this is ok?.

Please can you help me I sold an item on ebay,

Item # Item Title Qty Price Subtotal
Mutant Sub in professional carpeted box And 1800w Amp

I posted the item on Thurs 2/08/07. I received a phone call tonight (6/08/07) & he said when he opened it & tested it on his friends car on his friends amp it wasn't working & it was blown. Before I sent the item I tested it & it was working fine. The only reason i was selling it was because my girlfriends expecting a baby & we needed the money to buy stuff for the baby & also the room in the boot for a buggy. It was not blown before I sent it. First of all in the phonecall he said he tested it in his friends car but then later in the call he changed his story & said when he got it home he opened it & he tapped the sub & he said he could tell it was blown straight away. He said he's thinking of putting a claim on paypal. I would like to know where I stand & if he puts in a claim will he get a refund?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
May be worth getting in touch with ebay aswell - get in there first and shows you are willing to cooperate but you are doubting his claims. Makes you look good and gives you a bit of back up.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Surely if it has blown there would be splits on it?

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Why not just asking him to said it back and when you get it back you will give him a full refund.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Usually if a speaker is blow you can tell by pushing down on the dome of the speaker, if you hear nothing then its fine, if you hear a sort of crunching sound then the speaker is blow. Well thats what ive found from experience.

Its does sounds like hes trying to Scam you mate

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Sounds dodgy to me, unless the sub was damaged during the delivery, but i dont see that happening somehow. Id want more proof that its blown, pics etc.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
If he continues to go on about it being blown message him saying - you'll be down his way possibly in the next week or 2 so you can come in past and try it back in your car as you have original wiring so will just be a case of plugging in to try - i did that to someone trying to con me and message i got back was "Its ok i'll have another look at it" :laugh:

·
Registered
216 Posts
well the guy might have blown it himself and now is pissed off cause he has just bought it so maybe he is tryin to say it was already like that

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
because when the first story he told me he said when he put it on his friends and it wouldn't work and the overprotection led came on. but then about 30 mins later he said he got it out the box and he tapped on it and he could tell it was blown.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts