All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, the other day my headunit conked out, well the cd player no longer works, so I need a new one :D There are 3 Im considering but I can't decide which to get. These are the one's I've been looking at:

Choice 1: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pio...7.html?cadid=c7e6eae4dd8393ac22f0a99ba8c9e297

Choice 2: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-cda9812rb-p-2193.html?cadid=c7e6eae4dd8393ac22f0a99ba8c9e297

Choice 3: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/kenwood-kdcw808-p-4493.html?cadid=c7e6eae4dd8393ac22f0a99ba8c9e297

Not really hugely keen on the Kenwood but it has midrange controls as well as bass and treble which is nice. I like the Pioneer one but it doesn't have the radio presets on dedicated buttons which is slightly annoying, and the Alpine display is a bit plain lol. Which should I go for?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
I'd go for either the Pioneer or Alpine :thumbs_up:

I have a Pioneer one and sound quality is really good - so much so that when Joanne's step dad fitted ours and heard quality on standard speakers he went and bought a Pioneer headunit to replace his Kenwood one in his Lexus. The Pioneer does have BSM - Best station Memory - so will let you save your favourite radio stations.

I have heard good things about that Alpine aswell though.

In terms of looks - the Pioneer does it for me :cool:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got a Kenwood one at the mo, which I do like and looks bettter than all the others I think, but I am swayed towards the Pioneer at the mo. It sounded better than a Kenwood eh? I know it'll have radio presets but I just like them being on the face on their own buttons, so much easier lol. I think I'll get the Pioneer, only thing that puts me off is having to go into a menu for the presets but hey it shouldn't be a problem, also is the big control thingy difficult to use? In halfords it seemed big and clunky and the whole face moved each time I moved it, but I dunno if thats because it was all behind a plastic screen and difficult to hold on to lol.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
No mine has quite a big control aswell and I like it - very easy to use. And yea I see what you mean about radio buttons but it'll be fine. Yea he had his Kenwood for about a year and loved it but he liked all the settings that came with the Pioneer that allows you to set it up to your preference so he bought a Pioneer aswell :laugh:

Got mine from Amazon as it was cheapest - so try there because they might have that one :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
197 Posts
All three are well known and respected brands.

Alpine used to be one of the best for car audio sound, along with Blaupunkt. Kenwood and pioneer are probably the most well known and also have very good sound.

So then it boils down to features/looks/price, go for the one with the features/looks/cost you like and b*llo* to anyone else!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah thing is I like the blue display on the Pioneer :laugh: If it's easy to use thats all I need to know, think I'll go for the Pioneer :D. Geebs what do you mean by "all the settings that come with the Pioneer so you can set it up to your preference"? Do you mean sound controls? The only thing I really like about the Kenwood is that you get a midrange control setting, on the others I think you only get bass and treble? Or does the Pioneer have plenty of sound tweaking options?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I would go for the Pioneer one myself, i think it looks the nicest, and its also the cheapest.

Car Audio Direct is a good website ive bought from them before with no complaints

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I've bought from them before with no problems. Although I've seen the same head unit with some 6X9's I want on Car Audio Security. I havn't heard of any problems with them either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts