All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

I have just gotten hold of a new head unit for my car, now does anybody know how/where to get the tool for removing the original unit from the car,how much it will cost and is there anything in particular i have to buy if im just doing a straight swap.

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
halfords or car stereo shops! they sell stereo removal kits and no you can pretty much do a straight swap i beleive, mine already had an iso wiring so was literally plug and play :D

·
Registered
498 Posts
some cd players need an adaptor, don’t buy one until you take old head unit out. Your new head unit may even come with the wiring.
Basically, you take the old one out, remove plug at the back, and then it should either just plug straight into your new head unit, if it doesn’t you need an adaptor, easy enough to get hold of.

·
Registered
498 Posts
the rubber bit you can screw into the headunit at the back, the metal bit is part of the aerial i think.

and yes, that bunch of wires if what you need, plug that into the headunit, and then when you remove the one from your car you will see where they plug together.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Those tool things are a rip off anyway you can use screw drivers lol! In fact I just pulled mine out without anything

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know how much Halfords charge for fitting a stereo? My Corsa only has a Cassette player in it at the moment and its driving me nuts

·
Registered
498 Posts
if you buy from them they sometimes do it free.
2 be honest, id recommend just asking all your friends until you find one who knows how to do it.
Its really not that hard to be honest.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It's not hard at all as long as it comes with all the connectors. Sony ones come with the ISO wiring that you need Just a case of trial and error you wont damage anything if you put the cables wrong way round.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a similar model to Cracker's head unit. I can plug it in from my jvc head unit into the corsa and it works fine, but the unit hangs about 3 inches out of the dashboard. The wires are so long and i can't put them underneath or anything.

The original corsa head unit just used to slot into the plugs without any wires at all. Any body know how i can either replace the wires, or push the adapter further back into the dashboard?

It may be a bit vague but i'm not hot on this subject:(

Cheers

·
Registered
153 Posts
i bought an adapter for my corsa but when i put it in my head unit it still didnt fit :S

1 - 15 of 15 Posts