All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apparently, kwik fit, halfords, DD tyres and ATM all cant track my car as its 'too low' or 'has spacers and is also too low' The balding gentleman with the combover at ATM told me id have to find a place who use 'the old looking glass method' :S didnt give any specifics or help me find anywhere so this is another plee for help. i know you guys have cars lower than mine and have had them tracked using lasers, but its starting to look like im not allowed into that club :x

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Ok

Reactions: hoppydan

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Lol, that's not even too low. The tracking gear sits on top of the tyre with metal prongs at about 10.30 and 1.30 on a clock face.

The reason they make up bullshit about it not being track-able, is because you can't get a lowered car perfectly tracked, so to save on the agro of customers coming back saying its not tracked they just outright refuse to do it.

Try going to a proper garage and not some shit chain company.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've seen lower cars tracked, as long as they can get it on the ramp shouldn't be a problem. I had a 80mm drop corsa tracked, camber is a different matter

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the thing that hangs off the wheel couldnt get under the front splitter, ive found a place where my mate got his golf done, and his is literally scraping the floor, so i'll inquire, its not so much the camber i care about, i know it wears tyres quicker but its not that severe, its not exactly hella flush :L i just want my wheels to point in the same direction haha and my steering wheel to be straight, OCD and wonky wheel, drives me ****ing mad

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Are machine in work could do that no problem if there only saying its the splitter personally id just remove the front bumper and take it back

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats a sound idea, if i cant get manor tyres to do it i'll try again with no bumper, didnt want to suck kids into my radiator and all that :L

·
Registered
85 Posts
I took my low low corsa to easyfit for a tracking and camber setup when I fitted my coilovers... At first they said they couldn't do it but only because the machine was down. I had to leave it with them overnight and they sorted it first thing the following day... They were sound as,

Probly just the area difference ;)

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I took my low low corsa to easyfit for a tracking and camber setup when I fitted my coilovers... At first they said they couldn't do it but only because the machine was down. I had to leave it with them overnight and they sorted it first thing the following day... They were sound as,

Probly just the area difference ;)
Did it drive a lot better after it?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts