All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest whats the worst crashes you've seen or been in?

Worst one i've Seen; the road was wet after the night of rain, and we came to the roundbout in Lichfield me and my mate approched the roundaabout and a guy (school teacher) in a Volvo, came round the roundabout approx 40-50 hit the kerb car rolled over onto its roof, luckily he wasn't hurt but we called Ambulance & Police.

Worst one i've been in; I was 9yrs old at the time, and we were travelling home from Birmingham, and was doing speed limit (as my grandad don't speed) and was in his Kia Pride lol, and a young girl in her Fiat Punto (19 at the time) just pulled out, had us on 2 wheels managed to land it puncherd the front & rear tyres, doors were bent inwards, her car was a write off and her excuse was that she was worrying about her exams :mad: dont bloody drive then!

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Worst one i've Seen;
i was a passenger in a car on the way to a nightclub and there was an audi parked up at a greenlight.. as soon as it moved it sped off into a traffic island.. car pieces flew everwhere bits of plastic, tyre popped etc, was quite bad.

Worst one i've been in;
Second week driving my first corsa, tyres were just legal but my mother wouldnt let me put my alloys on as i wasnt used to driving yet and alloys were bigger wheels etc so harder to steer. i was on my way to work when i was going around a round about, a car pulled out so i slammed on my brakes, my tyres locked but i just slid, into the curb i went.. my bumper ripped off under my wheels and i slid even further into curbs then i landed on the pavement and had to be towed home :(

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Worst one I've been in:

I was driving up to a cross road, traffic controlled junction where I had to turn right. I got in the lane to turn right and followed a car through the junction as there was no one coming from the opposite direction. The lights were on green and changing to amber when i went through. As I driving through the lights would've been on red. Out of the corner of my eye I see a car speeding through the lights. Then, smash! Everything goes into slow motion, & the car spins and i end up hitting a traffic beacon & almost hitting a bus. The 4x4 that hit me then reversed back from my wreckage & sped off leaving me & my mate for dead. My mate had a bloody nose from where my hand flew up & smacked her in the face & i was left with bruised bones. :( Not good.

I can't recall seeing any car crashes to be honest. Always been involved in them!

·
Registered
713 Posts
wouldnt know what the worst one ive seen is, seen a fair few but dont really remember details of them or such.

worst one ive been in:

id say would have to be when i wrote off a courtesy car. brand new mitsubishi colt, was driving down the m40 in real thick fog, struggling to just see other people's fog lights going at about 55-60 when all of a sudden right in front of me there was a flatbed recovery truck with no fogs on and only one tail light working and i didnt have chance to avoid him, went right into the back of it. hardly damaged the flatbed but the colt was written off, obviously sustained major cosmetic damage and also every single engine mount was snapped clean in half, so the engine was just sitting on the gearbox and driveshaft, front chassis members crumpled up, proper killed it

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The 4x4 that hit me then reversed back from my wreckage & sped off leaving me & my mate for dead.
Did you manage to get them int he end mate?

I've never really seen a major crash before thank god. And have only been in one minor crash, when I was on the way back from a meal out with my family celebrating my 18th birthday. My dad was driving a temporary car which was a Renault Clio, new shape. We approached a roundabout, slowing down gradually to check the traffic etc, there was a car in front of us which was ready to pull away, he started to move but then stopped again for no reason, when there was no traffic on the roads at all. My dad, who was unaware of him stopping again, as he was checking for traffic himself didn't slow down and went right into the back of them.

The details they gave over were a complete lie, it was a London address, my dad phoned the police and apparently they had been doing this similar "trick" on a lot of people at roundabouts to claim fraud insurance. *******s ruined the whole night, the Clio was completely ritten off.

I saw some idiot drive 50 over a kerb and blew his tyres :laugh:

·
Registered
542 Posts
only accident ive been in is when my dad crashed into a learner driver at some traffic lights. the lights changed to green, and the learner started to go, but stalled it, so my dad just drove straight into the back of him - just a few bent bumpers, no biggie

ive never been in an accident when ive been driving or never seen one - lucky i suppose after hearing some of your stories

·
Registered
59 Posts
Worst one i've Seen
going down the m1 in the rain when a audi tt shot post me doin about 90, then next thing i see is brake lights, then i see the audi flying through the air

Worst one i've been in

going road a bend doing 60 hit some black ice skidded side ways and rolled 6times, and wrote of my saxo. lukcy enough my mate pulled his head back in the car 10sec before i rolled offer wise his head would of been erm cut off!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
worse i've been in

non - never crashed or been in one

worse i've seen

motorbike drove into the front end of a car..
motorbike was probably going about 60ish maybefore, he locked up front, endo'd into the front of a car, guy on bike went flying, missed a post by a few inche's..

or woman driver pulled out and go wacked by a buss going about 30ish mph, car was slightly ****ed as you can guess

1 - 9 of 9 Posts