All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im confused with this one :confused:

My car has a weird and irrating vibration when the engine reaches certain rpm, it only happens when the engine is under load, as i progress through the revs its fine, but when i hit 3k the whole car vibrates then it stops again, then when i continue and the rpm hits 4k it does it again but this time the engine note changes aswell, anyone know what it could be???

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Long shot but have a visual check of your engine mounts.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do :thumbs_up: would seem an obvious cause, i changed my alternator belt a few weeks ago, but i cant see why that would cause it :confused:

·
Registered
168 Posts
i use to have a annoyin squeek/ rattle ant idlin and when i was driving. Was driving me nuts, all it turnt out to be was the rubber bungs on the bonnet was in to far, and there was me thinking its interior trim, or the fan belt..

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Iv narrowed it down to the exhaust now, its vibrating really quickly and shakes the car a bit, when its stopped raining im gonna look at the mounts see if they are causing it to rattle :rolleyes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I hate exhaust rattles, especially loose heatshields, any noise like that drives me potty when I'm on the road.

Try the rubber mounts then look for cracked welds or loose joints, gaskets etc.

On the plus side should be a cheap fix :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts