All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has a 2004 SXI. I have done some work on it to get it on the road.
I recently changed the battery and everything was fine. Started first time and run well
I went out yesterday to start it after it not being run for a couple of weeks and it is totally dead.
There are no lights on the dash, no clicking, nothing.
I disconnected the battery for a while to see if it was the ECU that needed resetting but when I re-connected all i get was a mechanical light click from the engine bay, still no lights or anything.

I tried to jump start it from another car but still no power, lights or anythingh

I tried every fuse and they are all good also

I live on a hill so really don't want to bump it as it would be a nightmare pushing it back up if it wont start.
Anyone got any idea?

Mini

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi there what car is this? a Corsa or Mini Cooper lol....it sounds like a bad connection or starter motor fault....i would pay special attention to the earth connection between the body and engine....the engine is rubber mounted....i would try to test the battery and clean the battery terminals....its a job if your not actually there to know what to say, if it was me i would do some tests with a circuit tester and voltmeter...

Try putting a voltmeter across the battery it should read min of 12.4 volts, then attempt to turn it over an see what the voltmeter does it should go down to about 10 volts, if it drops to nearly nothing its a dead batter yor dirty terminal, if it doesn't move it all it means the tarter isnt taking any current...from Fred in Essex.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts