All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, a few months ago i started to smell petrol really bad and it went on for a few weeks, i took it to the garage and they refused to let me move the car until they had fixed it!! it came about the connections at the top of the fuel pump and tank had melted away and the car could have caught fire and exploded at any time. all the foam under the seat had melted and so had the middle seat belt, the worrying thing is i have my kids in the car everyday and if it would have gone up it would have killed all 3 of us......
i kid you not!!! i was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem. i have been told a few different things and it concerns me that this could ever have occurred. have vauxhall never tried to rectify this problem?? :eek:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Can't say I've heard of it before either.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Crazy stuff!! gonna go check my seats for any signs just 2 be safe :( btw how much did it cost to fix? bet it wasn't cheap :(

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Oh my god how bizarre is that? Does the garage know what caused the problem? I've never heard of that.

My fuel tank was leaking badly on my last car & my mate was smoking & chucked his **** out the window & it could've set us alight at any point! :eek:

Glad the mechanic found it in time for you.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Sh*t the bed! that could of been very nasty, potentially fatal. Glad its sorted now, cant help but think about it in the future though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crazy stuff!! gonna go check my seats for any signs just 2 be safe :( btw how much did it cost to fix? bet it wasn't cheap :(
actually it was quite cheap to get fixed i bought the parts from a scrapyard and i know the mechanic so it cost around 40 pound to get fixed in total,

from what i can gather there was a melt down of wires and it had come severely close to burning the car to ashes had i been on the motorway or something then there would have been nothing i could have done and the kids would have been burnt severely or even killed!!!, i had noticed the burn b4 and not knowing anything about cars i thought someone had tried to burn my car out as bits had melted down the seats of my car and where the passengers legs go behind the drivers seat. (i dont think my car is the best or out an im not being big headed but my car had been stolen when i first got it and the t**t ran me over in my own car so now im paranoid where ever i take it especially with having the kids) once i had spoke to my husband he said that it must have been the guys at the garage it had just been at to get resprayed and we left it a little longer, it was only when i had to take my husband to work one day that he realised that even b4 i started the car it stunk highly or petrol. the smell reminded me of a ferry port!!!!!

i cant believe no one has heard or had this problem!!!!
my advice just be aware and check every now and again that all is well under the rear seat of your car!!! luckily i had minimum damage but it could have been so much worse had i not had it checked!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sh*t the bed! that could of been very nasty, potentially fatal. Glad its sorted now, cant help but think about it in the future though.
thats why i wanted to post it and let people know. i can change my car anytime but i can never replace my children, my husband could never replace any of us!!
made my husband realise how important we are to him (not that he didnt know in the first place) hope this post has helped you all :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts