All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi there,

I have a Corsa B which is sometimes not starting, and it maybe packing it in completely. I'm interested to diagnose the problem. I will be taking it to the garage this week but interested to know your thoughts and roughly what it might cost to fix.

1. it starts fine after a long rest (at least an hour)
2. a bit of pressure on the accelerator helps it to start
3. today it was idling while i stopped for a few minutes - and after a couple of minutes the engine just stopped, and I couldn't start it again, but then it started fine an hour later
4. also today after starting it finally, on the way home the car lost power for 5 seconds or more on a corner, dashboard lights went off, the power steering stopped, and there was no power from the accelerator. Fortunately it didn't fail completely and power seemed to return.
6. i suspect the problem is more common when the car is facing uphill (but this is just a hunch from the times it has failed)
7. The battery is fine, and push starting does nothing
8. There is plenty of fuel in the tank (half tank)
9. A mechanic performed a test with a portable Bosch diagnostic tool which read out the following:
3 errors
P0130 O2 sensor (bank 1, sensor 1)
P0335 Crankshaft position sensor
P0335 Crankshaft position sensor

I'm not car-savvy so forgive me if it's something obvious.

Thanks for your help!

Alex

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Hi well it could very well be the Lambda sensor and the Crank sensor...the front Lambda sensor controls the mixture and the crank sensor when they get weak it cranks over along time before it starts....you could delete the codes and do another test in a weeks time...might even be worth disconnecting the battery over night see if that cures it, but beware if you have a radio code you will loose it....the lights on the dash and loosing power steering etc, sounds like the engine has stalled...from Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Fred, thank you for your quick response, much appreciated. I may try the battery check since nothing to lose on that.

Cheers
Alex

1 - 3 of 3 Posts