All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1998 5 door corsa b was broken into tonight and lucky enough for me i caught the little twat inside my car before he got off with it!
I was informed by the police that corsa's are the main target at the moment and was advised to purchase another model of car after i claim off my insurance.
It is advisable to purchase a steering lock and keep all valuable items out of your car and dont leave your sat nav cradle on the window overnight!
I sure hope after readind my unfortunate post that the proud owners of the older corsa's invest in a sterring lock and save themselves the same misery that i am going through now!My driver door is completely damaged and the chances are my insurance company are going to write my poor betty(my car)off!
IM FECKING GUTTED!! bye bye betty :(

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car!!!! :mad:

"Keep valuable items out of your car" People never have learnt this so many cars I've seen with things left in Wallets, purses, laptop all for the taking. As for corsa's being the main target that's a little away from the truth tbh always said if they want it! they will take it! doesn't matter what car it is! people with less / nothing will always take from those with something.

Like Craig has said try and get it back fix door so betty can live on :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lucky enough i had no valuables in car!I did however leave the mount for my sat nav on the windscreen!My car will always be a target after tonight unfortunately and given i've only been driving 8 weeks i dont want to have to put another insurance claim in as im afraid its going to put my premium up :(

What makes me more gutted is the fact i have just fitted brand new rear shocks and springs and both rear bearings on tuesday so ive already just forked out a small fortune!I certainly have came into the world of driving with a mighty big bang!!

The idea of buying my wee betty back is very tempting but friving her to a safer place tonight i felt absolutely violated its a bloody crying shame scum like that get away with it!I wont miss the little twat with my crowbar if he comes in my street again!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I've moved this from FAQs to Car Chat.

I had both of my corsas broken into. Caught them as they were breaking into the first one, and found my second one with the door bent out on 2 occasions 2 years apart. Both times with the second car, they just bent the door and didn't take anything. Cost me £30 to fix.

Unfortunately there's not an awful lot you can do to stop the little shits, other than a steering wheel lock as you suggested. Problem is they're probably just looking for valuables.

Reactions: Janeyjason

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
my first car got stolen, when they realised it was an art form to be able to drive that car they dumped it a mile down the road. new ignition barrel was all it took.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry lee,im new on the site and have no idea what im doing on here!I was in a pretty state as i wrote the thread due to the attempted theft of my beloved betty!

Its costing me £36 to replace the door and another £50 for a new steering lock and i am going to request the police return my ignition caseing(cheeky i know but they aint going to catch the little shits so i may aswel try to save myself a few quid)My insurance company want to write the car off and basically i will get absoloutly nothing for her so the only way i can sort it is to put my hand in my pocket!I hope the little twat tries again as i have a crowbar with his name on it :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Someone stole my mums Fiat Multipla once and used it as a get away car in a huge robbery. I honestly couldn't think of a worse car for the situation

1 - 10 of 10 Posts