All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can everyone shed some light on a new car, not sure what makes / models i would like, i will look into buying soon between £1000 and £2200 roughly.

I would like something with cheap / reasonable (ish) insurance for a 20 year old, open to anything really that's respectable. Would like a 5dr, altough 3 is alright if sporty looking, something thats not going to be too old either!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Vauxhall Astra G 1.4 :thumbs_up:

shouldnt be too much insurance wise, looks nice in 5door, even sportier in 3 door, but not sure if they did a 3door 1.4....

love those cars, really miss my 2.0 dti 16 valve :bawling: :driver: :burnout:

·
Registered
713 Posts
not a great pic, and the only one i got atm on my laptop, but here's my Astra G

just realised....can see my ex inside...looking slightly chavvy :shocked: ...AND shes got her feet up on my dash!!!!! :eek: never spotted that before:mad:

·
Registered
138 Posts
loads off options to go for,
what about saxo vtr?
pug 106 gti

just your personal preffrence

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Give us a bit more of an idea of what you are looking for and I will give you a few more options.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Something a bit bigger hence the 5dr, bit like a focus, fiesta (new shape) or similair size, obviously an enhancement on my 1.2, say like 1.6 or equivalent.

Insurance for 1.4 / 1.6 comes to about 1200 which is kinda my max.
Looked at Golf and Polo, really like them both but unsure about them too.

Again price between about 1000-2200

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Golf mk3 or mk4 if you can find one. 1.4 golfs are quite nippy although 1.6 is recommended

·
Registered
713 Posts
personally i prefer the looks of the pug 306 compared to the clio mark 2 (the one in the link), and my dad's got the 1.6 5 door, not bad cars, cant really say much about that clio as never been in one, but mine is quite nippy for its size and as i say mine is the 1.4RT, slightly sportified.

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
the Clio has a habit of rusting under the seats and foot well. nice if you live in bumpy area...
you could have you very own Flintstones roller.

·
Registered
713 Posts
dont know the different trim's etc but they only ever did a 1.4 or 1.6 in the 306 line up, was lookin at one myself before i joined the army. only thing with peugeots, (well with renault as well but not as bad) is the cost of some of the parts, as its 8 times out of 10 you have to go to Stealerships and theyre not cheap.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am not really going to be doing much to the car anyway mate. Just gonna get it running sweet, looking at a 2000 model, hopefully 1.6. do you think that would be pretty nippy?

I like it cos it's 5dr and still looks sporty

·
Registered
713 Posts
i was meaning replacement parts incase it broke down lol:laugh:

mate they are very nippy. 1.4 is more than enough to power it and the 1.6 just flies, i went out for a drive in my dad's one (without his knowledge lol) and was pretty fun.

and they are one of the few 5 doors i like that do look sporty, and the front just looks mean imo

1 - 20 of 31 Posts