All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Ok, so managed to smash the cat on a bit of uneven road on the way into work this morning. The bad news is that the internals are now rattling about.

My plan is to remove the cat later on and remove the remaining internals (some are already coming out of the back of the exhaust) and then seal it all back up. So it will be a de-cat in effect. I was about to buy a de-cat pipe anyway but i though seeing as i now need a new cat which i will buy in November before MOT, i may aswel make this the decat pipe.

I've just ordered a CAT fitting set as i think it'll be wise incase i break any bolts or the gasket is in a bad way.

Just wondering what you guys think of doing this? Has anyone done it on here? Does it give the same effect as having a de-cat pipe?

Cheers People! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
I've heard of a few people doing it.
Opening up the CAT, removing all the internals and re-welding it back together.
Pretty much the same as a CAT replacement pipe...i.e nothing in it.
Removing the cat doesn't automatically fail the MOT either btw, it just increases the chances of it failing the emmissions test without it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi hardcore.

I did this last night. Sealed it all back up and it seems ok now. Not any where near as loud as a de-cat pipe as i suppose all teh gasses have a chance to resonate in the cat chamber even though there is no material inside.

On the plus point the car is much more responsive off the line. So i've ordered a full stainless steel system ;P

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.