All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it didnt take long for me to get another cav. I really miss my old cav and since getting a place to work on a car I though its a good time to get another.
its a blue cdx saloon so it has all the goodies, 4 electric windows, electric sunroof, leather ect...

here is the ebay advert for the car if anyone hasn't seen it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Future-Cl...m%2Bu%2BhEWFls1EgkyOM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

was up early so i could have a look around and take some bits off, boot floor, battery tray well most of the car seems solid. bar the drivers rear arch witch isnt too bad really and a small hole in the corner of the boot.

plans for the car, well im keeping the astra as a daily and this will be my project. but i want to get as much irmscher stuff as i can lights bumpers ect.. doubt i will stick with the v6 even though it seems a mint engine.

-------------

did some more on the cav after work.
drained the coolant and removed the rad and aircon rad. the engine loom is all unplugged. took the manifold off too.

battery tray is in great condition

as are the strut tops

some crusty bits

and behind the back bumped

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Your last one made me like these cars. Looking forward to see how his progresses

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the last car was clean, but had issues as does this, i think this is on par maybe a little better than my old one, much better spec for sure.
i've already got a load of irmscher parts for it, still a few more to get but theres no rush.
just glad i;ve got a garage where i can leave it and work on it.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Ah brings back happy memories of being on roundabouts in the wet and putting a bit too much throttle on and the car would always come off the roundabout at about 45 degrees to the intended direction of travel. All very predictable, but it's a bit like jelly nailed to an oilslick.

As with all of those chassis with the bigger engines - check the bulkhead around the steering column for signs of cracks. You'll hear it as a creak when they start to go.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice saab engine i see sitting on engine stand?
yeah, just cleaning the block ready for painting :)

i was thinking about keeping the v6 but i'd like a turbo :laugh::D

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
v6 twin turbo? nope. the transverse v6 doesnt like the heat, and its more suited the a supercharger.

or that saab engine wound up to 500bhp.

get on it.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
On with what Taurus said, I think saab's suffered with same problem with steering rack, pulling bulkhead out, and cracking, there's a mod which is essentially a strengthening bracket around the steering arm, because its pretty common

Reactions: dan richards

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On with what Taurus said, I think saab's suffered with same problem with steering rack, pulling bulkhead out, and cracking, there's a mod which is essentially a strengthening bracket around the steering arm, because its pretty common
Okay cheers, will look in to it :)

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just got the engine out, did it on my own and im quite chuffed i did it. normally i have my mate helping me get it out.
now the engine can get sold, and i can start cleaning the bay amongst other things

sorry for the crap images

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Don't hang about!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tell you what - that's a belting workshop you've got there, loads of space.
i love it :D
very lucky to have it, and its not to far from home.
so much better working under the car on a smooth level floor opposed to my drive, witch is just full of sharp stones! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
found some holes today, and stripped some more off the bay down
the brakes lines dont look to bad up to now witch is good! :)

bulk head, never seen a cav go there before. but then again the sound deadening covers it so its not like you would of known unless you removed it like i did.

bottom of the drivers front arch

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.