All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, ive got a VDO CDR500 and ive recently Aquired a nice sub :D.. i was just wondering can i wire the original HU to a subwoofer amp? would i have to use high voltage outputs? (i think there called that)

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
i believe you need to use the high voltage input on the amp, or you can get something to turn the standard speaker wiring into RCA from ebay which will do the trick!

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
you mean high level outputs (speaker cable), there are converters/adaptors

witch change hlo to rca

clicky

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
Ahh this takes me back. high pass filters what a crap idea that was.
It would be possible to use the high voltage (feed from your rear speakers) but it will sound crap. Because the sub will increase in volume with the rest of the speakers and without a decent amp you will get high frequency sounds coming out of the sub. you may say that the phono leads just pass the same noise, but they do it in such a way that it is shielded from interference and when they enter the amp they get filtered depending on the pitch and gain etc. where as when you use high pass you lose a lot of quality and don't get crisp bass. it can be done and i think your local motorworld my stock the cables needed to preform such a task but they may look at you funny and try make you buy a new head unit. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts