All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello newbie here so please be gentle.

I have a problem with the central locking on my corsa sxi 01 plate, it locks fine no problem but when i come to un-lock it seem's to have a mind of its own it unlocks but then quickly locks its self im having to use my keys to open the door :confused: :confused:

Also if i shut the door it locks itself :confused: not good when i nearly locked my two year old in the car by herself lol.

Is there anything i can do to repair this with out going and paying full wak at a garage ?? some one mentioned it could be water in the electric's or a fuse gone.

Many thanks in advance Lisa

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Firstly I would change the battery in the key; I cant actually find the fuses numver for a C but the central locking is fuse 20A on the D could be the same, think it should say in the manual which fuse though. If these dont work then your probably best off going to a garage.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
yeah try what lodgey said...

or i know on my dads old astra he used to reset it by putting the key in the ignition and pressing the lock button etc seemed to work! (vauxhalls told him this)

1. get in car and shut all doors.
2. put key in ignition and turn so all lights come on.
3. push the lock button on remote.
4. wait 10seconds.
5. press the open button.
6. turn ignition off an take key out.

then get out an lock it like normal.

see if that works.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think you have to wait 30 seconds! Something to so with syncronising the transponder in the remote with the imobiliser in the ECU (I believe!).

Do the doors unlock if you have the drivers door open when you press the lock button? (They should do this).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Does the light come on when you open the drivers door?

If not the switch might be faulty, which may make the car think the drivers door is open!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts