All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have a 3 door corsa. Manual locking, as in; if i want to open the passenger side I have to do it myself, same with the boot.

Is there a kit that will let me unlock and lock both the boot and the passenger side door by turning the key in JUST the drivers side door??

If yes; where from and are they expensive?? will a local garage be able to fit it for me??

·
Registered
4,575 Posts

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
you can get central locking kits on ebay for £20ish
however might be better to get a remote central locking kit for £30ish.
also you can fit a boot release button using a solenoid from the central locking kit which im sure someone else could enlighten you on. or you could again by a kit for about £10.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bought one of the Hawk ones from eBay. 25quid and it does 4 doors (so iv always got 2 spare motors incase they pack in) 2 remotes and all the wiring I need. I think it's a bargain.

Only time will tell eh? ;)

·
Registered
498 Posts
u dont get double... u need the main door lock i.e. the one you used in the drivers door. so your passenger one would have to break twise to use it all lol, but ive got the same kit and it is good. if it broke 25 quid isnt much to fix it anyway

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah I forgot the drivers side door was different.

So long as it's easy to fit and doesn't play up! thats great! :) The ebay site said it came with detailed instructions, are they actually that good?

Does the door unlock if I turn the drivers side keym or is it by remote only?

How long did it take to ship for you??

·
Registered
498 Posts
the instructions are pretty naff.
you basically have 1 plug, which is simple enough. you plug it into the cpu thing the give you. You just screw the popper thing where the hole already is.
the rest of the wires are just match the colours, so yea its easy enough. and the guide on here is pretty much what you do.
and yes, you kind of asked it the wrong way round lol, cheaper kits will only be central locking, no remote, so yea when you open the drivers door the other ones open :D
the hardest part is taking the door cards off, well maybe running the wires and hiding them.

·
Registered
498 Posts
yea, you can do it either how i showed in the tutorial or how the matey did it. i persoanlly prefere my way, because its much neater. tutorial shows you how.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts