All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could anyone give me ideas on how to remove the centre console:questionmark: as my heater controls need the lights doing, ive removed the heater slide control and found the 2 screws at the back of there, but it wont come out:confused: and i dont wanna get too heavy handed and snap the fooker:mad:

cheers meethrap

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
ok you need to take out the the 2 centre vents - best way is a flat screwdriver either side of the vent and just work each one free - then once there out there is a screw behind where each of the vents were - that will now allow you to take it out and then you just need to unclip the wires from behind - I did it myself yesterday because I was changing the vents and thought i had to remove it to get new ones in lol - turns out i just needed to give them a good hard push in. If you need more help with it give me a shout

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers gents, will give it a whirl, the car is something i bought for work, as a 2litre turbo 2miles each way to work was a bit much, lotta fun, but not practical...... will let u know.

cheers meethrap

·
Registered
389 Posts
ok you need to take out the the 2 centre vents - best way is a flat screwdriver either side of the vent and just work each one free - then once there out there is a screw behind where each of the vents were - that will now allow you to take it out and then you just need to unclip the wires from behind - I did it myself yesterday because I was changing the vents and thought i had to remove it to get new ones in lol - turns out i just needed to give them a good hard push in. If you need more help with it give me a shout
i did not no these little symbols around the turny knobs had lights so after reading these forums i realise they do . prising the heaters out doesnt damage the plastic does it as I WANT LIGHTS :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not if you take enough care and consideration doing it. Just be really careful and steady when doing it all and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
very sorry ladieeeeeeeeeeeees, no offence, thanks for the help, thought i had busted the vents when i was pulling them downwards:eek: , removal was exactly as you explained:thumbs_up: , looks betta with all lights working......:D

i suppose i deserve my embarrasement for automatically pressuming that i was dealing with gents....:withstupid:

cheers again jas:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
can get the middle left one down, but the middle right one is being a pig... when i prise it down with a thin piece of metal, the top of the vent starts to buckle... so i don't want to do it any more?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
you sort of roll them downwards, they are quite stiff but they will go eventually, i didnt need to pry them out, they stayed in situ just rolled enough for me to get the screwdriver through the top as the screws are at the top behind the vents.

p.s. please forgive my stupidity if it sounds that way, but i am refering to a corsa b, dunno about other models, have never owned them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.