All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So done a code check and think I need one of the lambda's replaced. Can I just unplug the old one and put the new one is and if that's worked should the fault code clear automatically or do I need to get it cleared?
Corsa c sxi 1.2

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
You'll need to get codes cleared first then if it pops up again after replacing you'll you its not that most likeley. I hate removing lambdas!

Wd40 + deep lambda socket and plenty of leverage.

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
So done a code check and think I need one of the lambda's replaced. Can I just unplug the old one and put the new one is and if that's worked should the fault code clear automatically or do I need to get it cleared?
Corsa c sxi 1.2
Basically yes - the new one will send the right signal to the ECU and it ought to work fine. Having said that, occasionally the theory doesn't always work as it's meant to, so clearing the code is always worth doing just to make sure.

However, since the lambda system is a feedback system it's very common for lambda fault codes to indicate a problem elsewhere and the lambda sensor is simply recording the exhaust gases being out of parameter. So don't just go off the codes or you may find the new sensor gives the same reading.

If the sensor is stuck fast (and they often are) then get it good and hot before trying to remove it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've cleared the codes and done the pedal test but now it's just a constantly blinking light, what does that mean?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts