All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm attempting to change a damaged accessory belt on my 2004 998cc Corsa C.

I've got the engine supported and have successfully removed the engine mounting bolts on the offside. The problem now is how to get the engine mount off the side of the engine itself?
I know it must come free as the belt routes through it but I havent worked it out yet, why it has to be built like that who knows!

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Stangat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the alternator belt, the Haynes manual refers to it as the accessory belt though?

Anyway, the crisis is over, managed to get the mount off the engine yesterday evening. It was, embarrassingly, my mistake as I hadnt seen the third bolt hiding under the mount in the darkness!!!
Once that bolt was out, the mount came free which allowed me to guide the old and then new belts through the gap. I then put the mount back in its original position, tightened all the bolts up and dropped the jack away from the sump.

Just waiting for the new alternator to arrive now.

·
Banned
885 Posts
It is easy enough once that you have the mounting bolts out.
The point to watch though, is that you pin the tensioner spring in the compressed position.

Haynes manual tells you all that you need to know.

Regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.